HOT 'n' Cold Series
Houston Outdoor Target Series, in the Cold!
(January date changed from 17th due to conflict with USA Archery Coach Symposium)
February 21st | March 21st
We'll be done by lunchtime! Snacks and drinks available.
Buffalo Field Archery Club
13751 Clay Rd
Houston, TX 77043
Choose two distances of 10/20m, 20/30m, 30/50m, or 50/70m.
Scores are multiplied by the first number of each distance.
Target faces will be 80cm/122cm.
If you're not used to shooting distance,
you can choose further distances as the series progresses.
There are six tournaments in the series.
Awards will be given after the last event of the series in March 2015.
You do not have to attend all six tournaments to be eligible for awards.
72 arrows total
2 rounds of 36
6 ends x 6 arrows
Coming Soon on Saturday mornings.
Level 1 & 2 Certification Class
January, Saturday 3rd / Sunday 4th9am - 5pm / 9am - 1pm
A Level 2 Instructor works with a more established archery program such as J.O.A.D., A.S.A.P, college clubs and local clubs with a strong beginner component.
- You will learn much more than is on the regular schedule, including:
- Shot process in detail, i.e, NTS
- Range set-up
- Equipment setup, tuning and repair
- Fitting equipment to an archer
- How to teach archery
- How to teach a Level 1 Instructor Course
- How to setup and run a JOAD program
- A look at other programming ideas
- Length of Course: 12 hours
- Prerequisites: Minimum age: 18, USA Archery or NFAA membership, Successful background screen, successful completion of SafeSport training
- Certification period: Three years.
- Instructors with a successful background screen are eligible for insurance benefits.
- No certification will be processed without membership and a successful background screen.