Level 1 Certification Class
9am - 5pm
Big Kountry Shooting
A Level 1 Instructor is most closely associated with a "grassroots" program that is short-term in scope and focused on introducing basic archery skills to beginners.
- You will learn: Range safety, range set-up, basic equipment setup and repair, and how to teach the basic steps of shooting.
- Length of Course: 4-12 hours
- Prerequisites: Minimum age: 15
- Certification period: Three years
- Any Level 1 Instructor who wants individual insurance coverage will need to become a member of USA Archery and complete a background check
Level 2 Certification Class
9am - 5pm, both days
A Level 2 Instructor works with a more established archery program such as J.O.A.D., A.S.A.P., college clubs and local clubs with a strong beginner component.
- You will learn: Basic shooting steps, introduce intermediate shooting steps, safety, range set-up; equipment setup and repair, fitting equipment to an archer, how to teach archery and how to teach a Level 1 Instructor Course.
- Length of Course: 12-20 hours
- Prerequisites: Minimum age: 18, USA Archery or NFAA membership, Successful background screen, successful completion of SafeSport training
- Certification period: Three years.
- Instructors with a successful background screen are eligible for insurance benefits.
- No certification will be processed without membership and a successful background screen.